Worried about getting screwed over because you’re an affiliate marketing beginner?
Still confused about what affiliate marketing is and how it works?
This is your episode! We answer:
- What can you do to protect yourself as an affiliate marketer?
- What are the best affiliate programs to join?
- How do affiliate relationships usually work and why?
- Should you be selective about affiliate relationships? Why?
- What should be in an affiliate marketing contract?
- Should there be end dates to affiliate relationships?
- What about paid links?
Links to things discussed in this episode:
- The Affiliate Marketing for Beginners episode where we talk about how to avoid feeling gross or being gross about affiliate marketing.
- You can vote with your dollars for a world where we can all make a living without losing our minds or selling our souls (Ticket 2 Blog Patreon!)
- The two affiliate relationships Berna is managing:
- Plastiq – she racked up free airline miles by using Plastiq to put her bills on credit cards. You can, too! Get a freebie if you use code “berna”.
- How Not to Freak Out About Finance – a personal and business money course for newbie entrepreneurs. (Update: she did this one, too! Use “FRIENDSOFBERNA” at checkout)
- Jema’s free flights manifesto (with Berna’s free flight’s video!) that explains how she just flew to Peru for $20.
- New Blogger Support Crew on Facebook, where you can ask fellow bloggers for things like contract samples
- Places to talk to us online: