Worried that affiliate marketing will feel like selling out?
Worried about people thinking you’ve turned into a douchy salesman?
This is your episode! We discuss:
- Why affiliate marketing doesn’t necessarily mean selling out
- Why affiliate relationships even exist
- How affiliate relationships can actually help your audience & multiply your message
- What it takes to feel good about affiliate relationships
- A definition of “selling out”
- Why guilt is a common feeling when starting affiliate relationships
Links to things discussed in this episode:
- The place where our true believers provide fuel for the anti-sell-out-blogging train (Patreon!)
- The two companies Berna is thinking of becoming an affiliate of:
- Plastiq – the way she put her bills on credit cards and racked up free airline miles. (Update: she did it! Click the link or use code “berna”)
- How Not to Freak Out About Finance – a personal and business money course for newbie entrepreneurs. (Update: she did this one, too! Use “FRIENDSOFBERNA” at checkout)
- The episode where Jema warns Berna about the challenges that come with hiring help (that Berna is now experiencing!)
- Places to talk to us online: