Will I lose readers if I change my focus?
- Is it a beginner-blogger-mistake to focus on too many topics?
- How do I reign it in? Should I?
- How do I find my niche if I have tons of passions?
- I’m scared to focus in on one thing and lose readers in the process. Should I?
- Could I have a bigger impact if I just focus on one thing?
Links to references made in the podcast:
- Berna’s fledgling (awesome!) personal finance creations
- One of Berna’s top travel hack articles
- The Blog Abroad – written by Gloria Atanmo (Berna’s favorite travel blogger who she would listen to… no matter what Gloria talked about.)
- The Budgetnista – home of Berna’s favorite personal finance content creator, Tiffany Aliche
- An example of how to nest a new project with what you’re already doing: Check out how this podcast appears on Jema and Berna’s internet homes.
- Regina’s Ideal Reader Profile
- The last episode where Berna had a brand identity crisis: Why Projects Fail… and What Your Audience Thinks
- The episode about taking a break from your life: How to Juggle Multiple Projects
- The How to Have Time for Everything exercise that Jema just did again on her break that showed her how important it is to be intentional about what you do with your time… so you don’t miss out on things like fireworks shows.
- Places to talk to us online:
- 1:42 . . . Why you probably don’t have to worry that much about how to brand yourself
- 4:54 . . . when beginners SHOULD focus on one topic
- 5:30 . . . the niche ideas Berna’s juggling
- 6:15 . . . how Jema’s website changed with new niches
(and how many years it took)
- 8:42 . . . how to start a new site… without starting a new site
- 9:27 . . . what fans need to know about projects vs. what you need to know
- 11:17 . . . why you don’t lose followers when you switch niches
- 12:32 . . . how to talk about your many niches without sounding like a hot mess.
- 14:59 . . . why you’re probably the only one who’s confused about your brand identity
- 16:10 . . . why losing followers should make you happy
- 17:58 . . . how many iterations Jema’s audience has stuck with her through
- 19:56 . . . what your main goal should be as a creator
- 22:29 . . . Berna’s homework
- 23:38 . . . Berna remembers her last brand identity crisis
- 25:09 . . . A technique to get niche-level results… without being forced into a niche
- 28:26 . . . Berna’s biggest fail-of-the-moment
- 29:26 . . . Jema’s biggest (airport!) fail-of-the-moment