How Do You Transition to Remote Work?
- How do you go from vacationer mode to living as a digital nomad?
- Should I just stay put for a little while to get a remote work routine established?
- Is it possible to work and travel when you’re becoming a digital nomad?
- Why is it so exhausting to work and travel?
- Once I start to work remotely and travel, how do I avoid constant overwhelm and exhaustion?
- How do I deal with the lack of friends and social network when living the digital nomad life?
- Can digital nomads make friends? How?
- What’s the deal with co-working spaces? Co-living spaces?
Links to references made in the podcast:
- How to Become a House Sitter – like Berna! (and Jema)
- How to House Sit Your Way Around the World (and Other Free Accommodation) – the house sitting podcast episode from the Postcard Academy
- The Hidden Cost of Too Much Travel – identity loss
- How Bossy People Ruin Lives – also identity loss
- Facebook Ticket 2 Blog Support Crew – where we talk about co-working spaces & tons of other stuff
- Episode 5 – where we discuss – accountability partners & Warren Buffet’s 5/25 exercise
- Places to talk to us online:
- Where you can contact Jema if you’re interested in an online business internship
- The Travel Website Jema’s re-organizing
- 2:14 . . . the dream work/rest/travel ratio
- 3:32 . . . why Berna sounds weird this ep
- 4:39 . . . why travel is exhausting
- 7:30 . . . how travel affects your identity & why
- 10:16 . . . why people back home don’t get it
- 11:01 . . . why travelers get blindsided by numbness
- 15:11 . . . Jema issues Berna a challenge
- 17:32 . . . the empowering thing you can do to feel good about your daily accomplishments
- 20:44 . . . how do you create and maintain a support network when traveling?
- 22:46 . . . why you should stop saying “doing nothing”
- 24:43 . . . how to finally spend enough time with your friends
- 28:00 . . . how to connect with people who understand your crazy traveler life
- 29:25 . . . are co-working spaces a good option?
- 32:12 . . . the linchpin for building a village in your digital nomad life
- 33:33 . . . Berna’s self-assigned homework
- 35:45 . . . how to get your Ticket 2 Blog fix between episodes
- 37:06 . . . what’s the topic next week?
- 38:30 . . . what we’re most dreading in our crazy nomad lives